Dermal fillers are injectable products that plump up the skin and reduce wrinkles. They’re also known as dermal fillers or soft tissue augmentation. Dermal fillers are made from hyaluronic acid (HA) or collagen. They’re also known as injectable wrinkle reducers. Due to the evolving beauty standards in Sydney, this trend is increasing rapidly. However, many remain cautious of this non-invasive treatment. Worry not because this guide covers everything you should know about using dermal fillers in Sydney.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable gels that are injected into the face to add volume to the skin. Dermal fillers can also create a more youthful appearance by filling in wrinkles, adding definition and plumping sunken cheeks.
Dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid (HA), which is naturally present in the body to help keep our skin hydrated and plump. Dermal fillers use synthetic forms of HA that are safe for all skin types and colours, including darker complexions.
Types of Dermal Fillers
Hyaluronic acid is the most common type of dermal filler. It is a naturally occurring substance in our skin, which helps keep it smooth and hydrated by drawing moisture from the air into your skin.
Collagen is another common filler material that comes in various forms. Collagen can be used to treat signs of ageing, such as wrinkles and folds around the eyes (crow’s feet). Collagen also helps improve skin elasticity and plumpness. There are many different types of collagen-based dermal fillers available today—one of them being polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA), also known as “glass” or “temporary” filler since its effects last only three months to a year before they begin to diminish due to natural absorption processes within the body.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
There are several benefits to dermal fillers in Sydney. Below are some of the most common ones:
- Skin rejuvenation. Dermal fillers can help you look younger by filling out wrinkles and fine lines, improving your overall facial contour and complexion. This treatment is especially effective for those who want a more defined jawline or chin area but lack volume due to ageing or genetics.
- Minimising the appearance of acne scars, deep folds, creases and hollow areas in your face – such as under the eyes or cheeks – is another benefit you can enjoy from dermal filler treatments. Many people use Botox® alongside dermal fillers because these two products work together to restore optimal skin health and reduce signs of ageing at their root cause levels!
Dermal Fillers in Sydney
- Finding a good doctor to administer the dermal fillers in Sydney. Always receive treatments from certified and verified medical professionals. Illegitimate dermal fillers can cause multiple complications.
- Always ask about what you can expect during and after treatment. Many patients panic about relatively normal after-effects.
- Ask about how long it will take to see the results. Many patients plan to undergo treatments to look their best on special days. Always begin consultations at least 6 months in advance so you can plan well for the future.
After your treatment, you will be given detailed instructions on how to care for the treated area. These vary depending on the filler used but generally include the following:
- Minimal sun exposure, especially if you have had a dermal filler injection around or near the mouth or nose. In Sydney, it is mostly sunny, and you would like to stay indoors for a few days following the treatment.
- Keeping it clean and dry with mild soap and water, avoiding strenuous activity for 24 hours and alcohol use for 48 hours
- Avoiding aspirin or ibuprofen (common pain relievers) because they thin the blood and could cause bruising at injection sites. Avoid hot baths and showers for 24 hours to reduce swelling after treatment.